Cinnamon Sweet Potato Home Fries
Serves 1 hungry person or 2 as a side dish
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled, rinsed, and diced into small pieces
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, diced
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- a generous sprinkle each of sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and cinnamon
- olive oil or olive oil cooking spray, for frying
Place sweet potato chunks and diced onion in a frying pan with a small amount of water. Steam over medium heat until the sweet potato chunks are fork-tender but not too soft, adding more water as necessary. Once all the water has been absorbed and the sweet potato chunks are cooked, add either oil or cooking spray and apple cider vinegar. Turn heat to high and add spices. Sauté until the edges and faces of the sweet potato chunks are crispy are browned. Have a taste and add more spices, if desired. Serve with ketchup, hot sauce, or both.