Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Protein Truffles
Makes about 12 1-inch truffles
- 1/3 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2/3 cup canned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp creamy peanut butter (I used Better'n Peanut Butter Low Sodium)
- about 1 tbsp vanilla flavored vegan protein powder (I used Life's Basics Plant Protein)
- 1 tbsp raw sugar (or two packets stevia sweetener)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- a dash of sea salt
- 1 tbsp vegan dark chocolate nibs or chips
- 1 heaping tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
Place drained and rinsed black and cannellini beans in a bowl and mash until thoroughly mixed and crushed. The more you mash, the better the consistency will be. Add peanut butter, sugar or sweetener, cinnamon, and sea salt. Mix and mash until fully combined. Add protein powder and chocolate chips, mixing again until combined. The consistency of the mixture should now resemble cookie dough. If it is too wet, add a little more protein powder. Do a taste test and add more sugar, cinnamon, or sea salt as needed. Between palms, roll "dough" into 1-inch balls and roll each in cocoa powder, coating from all angles. For best taste and texture results, freeze for at least an hour before eating.
EDIT: After letting these sit in the freezer for a few hours, they became rock-hard. Opt for the refrigerator instead to firm them up!