Fajita Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 1.5 bell peppers, sliced into long strips
- about 10 cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 a sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup pinto beans
- large handful of baby spinach
- 1 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- generous amounts of garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, and black pepper
- a dash of cayenne pepper
- salsa and jalapeños, to taste
Place the peppers and onions over high heat in a frying pan with a small amount of water. Allow the peppers and onions to cook until soft. Add more water as needed so the veggies don't stick. Reduce heat to medium. Add cocoa powder and spices and sauté, adding more water if necessary to prevent burning or sticking. Add pinto beans and spinach and stir until mixture is hot and spinach has wilted.
Enjoy with hot peppers and salsa!