Hot Hawaiian Pizza
Yields 8 servings
- 1 batch of whole wheat pizza dough, enough for a 12-inch pie. You can make your own, but I just used Trader Joe's pre-made whole wheat dough to save on time. It was good!
- 3/4 cup of your choice of marinara sauce
- 1 8 oz. bag of Daiya mozzarella style shreds
- 4 canned pineapple rings, drained and cut into eighths
- 3 slices of Lightlife brand ham style vegan deli slices, cut into pieces
- jalapeño slices to taste (I used ones from a jar, but you could use fresh)
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare pizza dough as instructed on packaging. Lightly oil a pizza pan or cookie sheet and roll out dough to form a 12-inch pie. I rolled mine out past the edges of the pizza pan and then folded over the excess to make a crust at the ends. Spread with marinara sauce, then sprinkle with Daiya shreds. Conserve a little Daiya to sprinkle over the toppings. Spread vegan ham, pineapple, and jalapeños as liberally as you would like. Sprinkle on extra Daiya shreds. Bake for about 10-15 minutes, or until crust is crispy and Daiya shreds are melted.